Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Was Feeling Crappy and This Helped

This week my first bill from the Department of Education arrived in my mailbox. My only response was instant depression. It just got me to thinking about all the things a don't enjoy about this phase I'm going through.

A long while later, I remembered a post I recently saw at the Thought Catalog, one of the sites I frequent. They always have cute lists and responses to pop culture that are awesome.  The Dos And Don’ts Of Becoming A Grown-Up  by Chelsea Fagan is one of those great things that helps you put this transition into perspective.

My favorite on the list was:
"DON’T be consumed by jealousy. Even though modern technology has basically served to bombard us with endless photographic and text-based proof that our peers are more successful, more beautiful, and more well-adjusted than us, we have to let it go to some degree. If we spend our time immersed in social media, over-analyzing every new detail about how much more fruitful the life of that dude from high school is than ours, we will literally go insane by the age of 25. We can’t let this happen."

Most of y'all know how badly I suffer from envy. I did a post about it during the #AugustWritingChallenge; you can find it here if you missed it. This little tidbit helped me picked myself up. Just thought I should share.


I saw this later on Pinterest; it spoke to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment