Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Version of the September Issue

In honor of The September Issue of Vogue, I decided to put together a list of my top places to find fashion and fashion news.

Gabifresh: I love me some Gabi Gregg. I've been a loyal follower of hers for about three years now. She's a plus size fashion blogger. She advocates for body acceptance and I love her style. She is a brand adviser for Eloquii, which in my mind is the only plus size line that does it right. You can see my earlier post about them here.

Marie Claire: My favorite magazine of all time. Nina Garcia, their fashion editor, is a genius. She along with Tim Gunn and Nicolette Mason compile some of the best advice around. Garcia is also the author of several fashion books that I plan on reading eventually. Amazon sells a subscription for $10, if you, like me, prefer the paper version.

My favorite places to shop:

Charming Charlie: I LOVE Charming Charlie. They specialize in accessories: Scarves, jewelry, shoes, and handbags. It's heaven. They're also reasonably priced.

Eloquii: I can count on Eloquii by The Limited to provide those pieces that are hard to find. A cocktail dress, classic black slacks, a high-low skirt I searched for all summer, I can be certain i  can find them there.

Torrid: This store, owned by Hot Topic, is edgy. Here is where I find my fun pieces like knee-high boots. Those boots were the perfect compliment to my skinny jeans in the winter. I am planning to buy another pair this year.

Later I'll include some pictures of my fall favorites.

UPDATE 9.23.2012!

As promised, some of my favorites for fall 2012
Shirt dress by Eloquii

I have been looking for a pair of colored jeans all summer. I may purchase these from Old Navy.
  

Animal print from Torrid

The fall is not complete without a cowl neck  top, also from Torrid.
UPDATE 9.25.2012!

Some when I did my first update I wanted to include this great jacket I saw but I couldn't remember where I saw it. I realized today it was Target. So I'm adding it now. I want this coat so badly. I love the collar. I like it best in navy but it comesin black and olive too. I'm determined to have it eventually.



 *All photos are from store's web sites. I own no rights to them.

2 comments:

  1. Girl you know you love your clothes. You always look so classy and sophisticated. I love Marie Claire too (I definitely have my subscription) and you know how I feel about Charming Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I owe you big time for the hip to Charming Charlie. We have to go next time I'm in town.

      Delete