Thursday, August 23, 2012

#AugustWritingChallenge - Envy - Day 23

If there is one sin I commit on a regular basis it is envy.

During the last few years of my life I have been surrounded by people with plenty. Often I feel like I'm the only one who even has to think about money and budgets. The envy reached an all time high when I recently had to move and downgrade my lifestyle at a time when majority of my peers were moving on up.

Last week, this meme was going around Twitter and Instagram, and it said, "Until God opens a door for you, praise him in the hallway." I thought, now that is genius. I believe that blessings are contagious. If I continue to hang around people that are doing better and better, it's bound to rub off on me eventually. Until then, I'm going to just keep praising Him in the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment