Thursday, August 23, 2012

[LATE] #AugustWritingChallenge - Crime - Day 22

My stepdad is a cop. We are painfully aware of crime in my household. There were so many times growing up when I was not allowed to go to a party or a sleepover because my mother checked neighborhood crime stats like it was the weather report.

I watch a lot of crime dramas; that's my thing: NCIS, CSI, Rizzoli and Isles, Bones, etc. What I notice is that the people who work in law enforcement are some of the most courageous in the world. I know that TV is not the same as reality but I'm sure the two are parallel enough to make the point. There are some many who loose life and limb in an attempt to protect people they don't even know. It's courageous and commendable.

Maybe crime isn't completely under control and the justice system is flawed but there are some good people out there working to protect us all. My dad is one of them. Let's just not forget to be a little grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment