Thursday, August 23, 2012

Emma Watson on the Cover of T Magazine

Emma Watson recently graced the cover of The New York Times Style Magazine or T Magazine. I walked into my office at Forbes and did my happy dance when I saw it. Y'all know how I feel about Emma.

Watson was her usual humble and grounded self. I was excited to learn that she will be working on some type of Beauty and the Beast remake in the future. It confirmed her roles in both "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and "The Bling Ring." It did not address the rumors about Watson in the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey"... darn.

However, once I completely read the article, I was not a happy camper. I can't imagine Ms. Watson is either. Apparently, T Magazine assigned the most aloof writer on staff to write this piece. Mr. Will Self seems to be bored by Ms. Watson and her career, certainly not interested.

Confused much? There wasn't a writer on staff who actually wanted to talk to Emma?

The one sentence that caught me the most off gaurd was, "Watson did talk to me a little about her roles , but I simply can't hear actors when they speak about their work -- the world around me often grows misty and I swoon away altogether."  Uh... maybe I'm confused but... wasn't the whole point for Mr. Self to learn about Watson and her work? Maybe that is just his writing style, not sure. The article just left me very confused.

T Magazine has posted the article online and it is available here. Maybe its just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment