Wednesday, August 29, 2012

#AugustWritingChallenge - Memory - Day 29


My friends and family are always amazed by my impeccable memory. I can recall even the smallest details, such as what people were wearing and whose car we drove. I’m not sure how I do it; I’ve just always been able to do that. The problem with me and memories is that sometimes I get stuck in them. I am too often satisfied with reliving the same memories over in my head instead of going out and making new ones.

Memories serve a beautiful purpose. Things like pictures, yearbooks, scrapbooks, etc. help us remember the good old days. I’m all for all of those things. But what I must struggle against is losing out on new opportunities because I’m still hanging on to days gone by. 

I'm not sure where to begin correcting this but at least I'm aware enough to know I need to find one and quickly. I'd hate to look back and my youth and think, "Why didn't I do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment