Tuesday, August 28, 2012

#AugustWritingChallenge - Judge - Day 28


I do my absolute best to not judge anyone. Some of you may have missed the "My Subway Sandwich Theory" post from 2010. In it, I explain my theory that everyone is entitled to their own "subway sandwich" which is customizable to their needs and desires. I worry about my sub and leave everyone else's alone.

I avoid judging others mostly because I don’t anyone judging me. I know I have more than a few skeletons in my closet and I’d like them to stay there, at least until I decide to expose them.
I have a very – uh let’s call them eclectic – groups of friends. They often do things that I wish they didn’t. I used to scream and yell and throw tantrums. Shake my fingers and scold them. Tell them all the horrible repercussions that I assumed would befall them. It was actually quite tedious even for me. These days, I have a more “if you like it I love it” approach. I occasionally backslide but I think I’ve made vast improvements recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment