Saturday, August 25, 2012

#AugustWritingChallenge - Create - Day 25

I grew up thinking that I was not a creative person. In my mind, being creative meant being able to draw and oh boy... I cannot draw. The sad thing is my dad is an architect. He draws things for a living! I'm not bitter though.

Side note: I didn't realize how many revelations I had in college until I started this challenge.

Anyway, during my journalism classes we studied all these different structures for writing articles. There were all these sentences structures and literary tools we had at our disposal to add depth to the  stories we were trying to tell. Then I realized that I was creative and that creativity was much more broad than how I originally defined it.

Everyone can be creative. It's just a matter of figuring out what tools work best. For some it will be pencils, others paint, others a camera. The point is to never stop until you find it and once you do, to never stop. Just a heads up: the latter is the harder of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment