Monday, August 20, 2012

#AugustWritingChallenge - Craving - Day 19


Cravings get me into trouble every time. Will power is not my strong suit. I fall victim to my cravings every time. Normally, I crave sugary treats. This is how the cycle usually goes: craving begins, I fight it, craving persists-- possibly increasing, I fall and indulge, I feel bad. It's pretty sad.

Since my post about my obsession with sweets, I have tried to cut back on my sugar consumption. I know I can’t go cold turkey but I have made an effort. More water, planning meals, packing lunch, things like that. Most days I do well but almost every day I have to stop myself from eating something. Or trick myself into things like leaving my Starbucks card at home on purpose.

It’s a process, one day at a time, some better than others. As long as I don’t give up I’m good.

No comments:

Post a Comment