Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Election 2012

It's that time again. In one week, people all over the nation will head to polling places and casting their ballots. Now before I get on my soap box, let's be clear, voting is not only a privilege that many are denied but it is your civic duty. It's like taxes; it is the price you pay for being a citizen. That being said, no matter for whom you are voting, please vote. Most states are already allowing people to cast their ballots early and almost every state allows absentee voting if you are not able to make it to the polls for ANY reason [in IL they didn't even ask for a reason].

My Endorsement: President Barack Obama
After doing the research and watching all of the debates, including the VP debate, I am decided to vote Obama/Biden 2012. I agree with his foreign policy and diplomacy, as well as his plan for clean energy and most of his plan for education reform, the higher education part. I believe his k-12 plan focuses too much on testing, which is horrible. Most of all, I believe that the President is always fighting for the middle class and that's extremely comforting to me.

Last week, Colin Powell, republican and former Secretary of State, also endorsed the president. He stated that he agreed more with his foreign policy than that of Gov. Romney. He also noted that Romney changed his stance on many issues as the campaign season progressed. This election is obviously no longer about
 party lines.

UPDATE: In light of his response to Hurricane Sandy, both Governor Chris Christie and Mayor Michael Bloomberg have also endorsed President Barack Obama for re-election.

I don't know much about Mayor Bloomberg but I love Gov. Christie. Although he is a republican, he is a really good governor who cares a lot about everyone is his state. He is forthright and not the type to play politics. However, it is hilarious to me that Gov. Christie was the keynote speaker at the RNC in August and I watched him say in May [I was sitting in the counselor's office trying to get cleared for graduation.]that he would do everything he could to see that Obama was not re-elected; yet, yesterday he had such a drastic change of heart. It becomes very clear who has America's best interest in the wake of a national disaster. Apparently, both Christie and Bloomberg have seen and now understand.

*climbs off soap box*


Alrighty, I'm done. That is my take on it. Feel free to disagree but please do so on a ballot.

I have included the links to various news outlet's endorsements as well. (Not all for Obama)

The Washington Post

The Chicago Tribune

The Detroit News


3 comments:

  1. I usually cannot post here. This is a tet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't believe it worked.

    Well Dilane, I am grateful for your reminder that voting is a duty and a responsibility. I agree. While I had hoped to vote early, I'm afraid I will find myself in line again on Election Day. No worries, it's worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it worked! Yes it will be.

    ReplyDelete